Welcome to Strata Protect


About Strata Insurance

Residential Strata - Owners of a townhouse, unit, or apartment.
Commercial Strata -  Owners an industrial, commercial or retail units.

For commercial or residential, if you're sharing common space with others, you don't want to be left to foot the bill if there's damage to shared parts of the building or items.

Strata insurance protects the building and common areas or facilities, with the premiums paid for by the owner's corporation.

Who should consider it?

Strata insurance is compulsory in every state - so for commercial or residential, the owner's corporation will need strata insurance.

A Consolidated Insurance Broker can arrange strata insurance on behalf of the owners' corporation.

As a strata owner, you also have a share of an unlimited liability for anything that goes wrong, which is why strata insurance is compulsory in every state and territory.
Strata Community Association


With a portfolio of over 2,000 policies under our belts, CIA are experts in Insuring Commercial properties and Owners Corporations.


No two properties are ever the same. CIA will ensure that you have the right cover for your unique investment property.


People often take shortcuts with insurance, by failing to understand the fine print. CIA will ensure that this will not happen to you.


CIA has a dedicated Strata Team providing objective, professional advice based on years of training and experience. We have comprehensive and current knowledge of the insurance market. We will also take care of all your requirements in the event of a claim and negotiate the best possible outcome for you with Insurers.

What can Strata Insurance cover?

Strata Insurance can cover the building of all common or shared property, and contents which belong to the owner's corporation. The type of cover and its cost will depend on the kind of building, where it's located and the amount of common property you share.

What usually isn't covered?

Exclusions, the excess you need to pay and limits of liability can vary greatly depending on your insurer. Policies generally won't include cover for:

Asbestos or asbestos derivatives

Erosion or earth movement

Wear and tear/gradual deterioration

Contents within apartments

Ready to find out more?


Our interactive quote request form will guide you through the steps to get a quote on insurance for your unique property.

It only takes 2 minutes to complete.